Go Back   KLNetBB > DIỄN ĐÀN CÁC LĨNH VỰC > Góc học tập

Old 07-02-2004, 04:17  

Phá sản!

KL$: 0

Please disscuss about this interesting Topic
Okie?

Old 07-02-2004, 05:36  

KL$: 5

To me, English iz the easiest main subject. I feel comfortable when learing E .The teacher iz easy-going too, E iz not too hard but not too easy. Vietnamese children are good at grammar but skill of speaking E iz so....boring even the teachers.

------------------------------
Welcome to KLNet 6!

Old 08-02-2004, 06:13  
gorilla

KL$: 0.00

u guys think eng is easy. Then how many of you know how to communicate in eng? Tell me? or u just know to do some exercises the teachers give u in classes huh?

Old 09-02-2004, 06:23  
ChinhQuai

To discuss something, not to discuss ABOUT something

Old 10-02-2004, 10:48  

Phá sản!

ENG is very difficult but if you try to learn hard,U'll find it's very interesting.Do u think so?

Old 11-02-2004, 03:33  

Every subject iz easy if u try ur best and u will find it interesting if u r good at it. The more u wanna learn about that subject, the more interesting it iz.

Welcome to KLNet 6!

Old 12-02-2004, 07:26  

Phá sản!

in my opinion, i think E is a interesting subject.it help me raise knowledge,talk to E people..so on

Old 17-02-2004, 09:55  

Phá sản!

okie,I think so
but how to learn E well for all of our pupil?

Old 17-02-2004, 11:46  

Phá sản!

KL$: 40
Awarded 2 time(s)
Received 1 thank(s)
School: PTTH Kim Liên
Class: A2 (2003-2006)

studying English by vietnamese way isnt a good way to improve ur english though

Old 19-02-2004, 12:57  

kBank Manager

KL$: 126
Awarded 16 time(s)
Sent 18 thank(s)
Received 120 thank(s)
Class: A12 (2002-2005)

I don't think E is interesting, I can not use it as my first language, i'm so stupid , anyway, Vietnamese is the best, Like someone told me "I can speak E but phọt phẹt"

... but the lily of the valley doesn't know ...

Old 19-02-2004, 18:32  
gabeo

Louise is right, E is suck. I can speak E well now but i still think it's SUCK.

Old 20-02-2004, 08:42  
tbkle

Quote:
Louise is right, E is suck. I can speak E well now but i still think it's SUCK.
You think it's suck but I dun. Dun you know that every languages base on a long history of humankind and on each step there were improvements and efforts to get to the best use of language. Generally speaking language is a kind of thing which is never stable or at equilibrium. It changes everyday, may be good or may be suck but always try to reach the next best peak of use of language. If you guys love your mothertongue so much( I do too), You should love English in particular and other languages too. Should I take some examples to back up what I said?.

In Vietnamese we have the things called ẨN DỤ, HOÁN DỤ and in English they have same types known as METAPHORES.

In Vietnamese we have TỤC NGỮ, NGẠN NGỮ, DÂN CA but English has those kind of things as well. And I am sure that Gabeo knows more than I do. Isn't that right?.

In Vietnamese we have some painly hearing sentences such as D** M* M**, TỔ SƯ B* M**...to name a few and in English what do you call these kind of SHIT, SON OF THE B****, S**** MY D***, BULL S***.

So you guys dont be biased!

Old 20-02-2004, 15:57  
gabeo

I dun talk about what E has, but some time using E just suck. There are so many words in E that pronounce the same but have totally different meaning or spelling. exp: so and sew, light(dark) and light(heavy),....
there are many more that i can't bring it up now. And not only me, but there are a lot of E speaker agree with me too.
Last word: Ne1 know how to turn off vietkey when typing? It's annoying when type in E with vietkey.

Old 23-02-2004, 17:26  

God Member

KL$: 532
Awarded 36 time(s)
Sent 169 thank(s)
Received 82 thank(s)
Class: G (2001-2004)

We have the same stuff in VNese, which we call "từ đồng âm khác nghĩa"

I like English, as well as foreign languages. I enjoy the happy feeling when understanding someone not speaking in my mother tongue. Isn't it fabulous?!

However, to be honest, I do think English is weird and it does suck some time! I'm fed up with using English every single day. Even some of my native speaker friends agree that the language is weird.

Talking about the teaching of language in Vietnam. It may be that I'm smart ( :"> lol) but I daresay my English is good, and I was taught mainly in a Vietnamese way. To someone who doesn't like that way, maybe you just have to try a little bit harder.

Cheers

PS: There IS a way to switch off the VNKey when typing. Go to the top left corner of the page, you'll see "VNKey:" and 3 options: Off, Telex, VNI. Hope you know which to choose Good luck!

Hãy hôn em giữa đêm khuya bát ngát,
Bên lúa mạch vàng vàng, bên thảm cỏ xanh xanh,
Xoay xoay xoay theo điệu nhạc bồng bềnh,
Váy em xinh xinh, giày chàng bảnh bảnh.

Old 01-03-2004, 01:23  

Phá sản!

I think E is not difficult but it isn't easy. We have to learn much grammar, we aren't teached talking, listening. It's too bad. But we can learn it in E center. So it's not big problem. Our school has listening room but why they don't use it. It's funny.

Old 02-03-2004, 10:36  

Phá sản!

it's very difficult to speak Eng?
WHY?

Old 03-03-2004, 23:56  

cuz we r not E originally n the climate in Vietnam izn't suitable for us to speak like real English

Welcome to KLNet 6!

Old 04-03-2004, 10:38  

Phá sản!

Quote:
Originally posted by lilliputan@03-03-2004 @ 11:56
real English
can u explain real Eng?

Old 05-03-2004, 15:51  
gabeo

maybe he means the way VNese pronounce english. Cuz i know that most of our teacher pronouce E words not evn close to correct.
Ex:can=kien(hope you know who say like this).

Old 05-03-2004, 15:52  
gabeo

but what dóe the climate have to do with e anyway?

Old 09-03-2004, 10:44  

Phá sản!

and what about speaking with Eng poeple?

Old 10-03-2004, 05:12  
sweet_leo_208

it's so easy.. i think we can speak with Eng people. u can try it when u go to Guom Lake , there r many " tay ba lo" and u can make friend with them.. it's so easy...

Old 11-03-2004, 21:19  

God Member

Awarded 36 time(s)
Sent 169 thank(s)
Received 82 thank(s)

Quote:
Originally posted by gabeo@05-03-2004 @ 03:51
maybe he means the way VNese pronounce english. Cuz i know that most of our teacher pronouce E words not evn close to correct.
Ex:can=kien(hope you know who say like this).
This depends on which local accent you're talking about. Can is sometimes but not always pronounced "kien" actually.

Compared to my friends from Germany, Korea, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, my Vietnamese accent English does sound good. (of course it sucks still).. So, don't blame everything on our teachers!

I'm trying to learn the American accent while I'm here.. But as I've spoken this damn Vietnamese English for about 10 years, it's so hard to change.

Old 13-03-2004, 12:44  

Awarded 3 time(s)
Sent 4 thank(s)

Of course this's hard , we are not Native - born Americans !! We need time to improve ,to archive that !!
Successfulness requires Process !!
And another important thing is : Vietnamese has 6 different levels of sound , and it's the only language that has various levels of sound ( even Chinese has only 3 ) , so it's not easy to speak English accent fluently in a short time !
But try hard , and you'll get it !!

To ba` Rang : hic , cho em doc Can voi Can't cu nham loan het ca len ,

Welcome to KLNet 6!

Old 14-03-2004, 10:31  
Hi_my_friend

Actually U don't have to attend too much in grammar when U r speaking.Just say what U want or think by what U know! Be brave!

Old 15-03-2004, 21:49  
ChinhQuai

Quote:
Originally posted by Răng@11-03-2004 @ 09:19
But as I've spoken this damn Vietnamese English for about 10 years, it's so hard to change.
You may need to be excused here.

Old 16-03-2004, 11:03  

Phá sản!

oh,all of you are very good at Eng
thanks for yr opinion

Old 23-03-2004, 22:16  
sweet_leo_208

not at all...

Old 30-03-2004, 21:53  
TrangnarT

I think the good way to get the American accent is watching TV. Im not talking about CNN or all those complicated programs. Try watching TV shows, like those on WB. I know you guys all busy and some are not allowed to watch TV on your school night. But listening to these normal conversation in these shows could help you more than you think. It did for me anywayz.

Old 31-03-2004, 08:48  

Awarded 3 time(s)
Sent 4 thank(s)

I'd rather to watch T.V but how can I do that while the T.V at my house doesnt even have one channel !! ( the reason is no antenna )
Try to learn how to spell the letters correctly , then put those in a word and try ur best to read the words well. But the most important thing is keeping on talking. Dont be affraid of talking even u r not good at that. It will helps u out a lot !!!
Wish y'all success !

Welcome to KLNet 6!

Old 30-01-2005, 10:29  
jennifer

I think the most important thing is you know how to SPEAK English , not write because the main reason you study English is talking to English people and they understand what you are talking about.
But with me it is very difficult to speak English correctly.

Old 30-01-2005, 19:46  

Phá sản!

Talk, talk, talk by Eng all the time, even with VNs people, never, ever, ever speak VNs, if u wanna improve ur Eng

Old 30-01-2005, 23:03  
jennifer

Talk but what happen if I talk wrong everytime with VNs people and they don't know how to help me becasue they are wrong , too

Old 03-02-2005, 18:43  

Phá sản!

KL$: 40
Awarded 2 time(s)
Received 1 thank(s)
Class: A2 (2003-2006)

then get on with ur conversation
co' the cung~ hoi

Old 05-02-2005, 16:00  
phungthanhhung

Talk but what happen if I talk wrong everytime with VNs people and they don't know how to help me becasue they are wrong , too

--> it took me a while to get what ur trying to say. See, u have tried it. I might not be able to help u much, but if u replace the word "wrong" by " not properly ", it sounds better.

By the way, i'm not on ur side when u said " speaking is more important than writing" ( or something like so ).

We all need to use grammar appropriately when we write or talk ( otherwise, u'll talk nonsense ). U'll be better of with writing cuz u can look back and fix ur own mess . And if people cant understand u, at least u can write it down.

Old 19-02-2005, 15:56  

Phá sản!

KL$: 35

I have been stydying E with E teacher for 4 year so my speaking skills not so bad
but my grammar not so good
how can I do now??
to jenifer; no matter for saying wrong words
it's not so important like u think
talk and don't afraid
try your best u can talk fluently
nothing gonna chance it
trust me
also
improve your grammar too as in all of class in Vn grammar is the most. right????
speaking well just prepare for going abroad
I am going to E but I have a lot of troubles with my E
Oh god, please help me???

Old 01-03-2005, 16:54  
phungthanhhung

Didnt you mean urs pronunciation is good but urs speaking skill is not ? , cuz people use grammar ( well, most of the time ) when they talk .

Old 02-03-2005, 02:43  

God Member

Awarded 36 time(s)
Sent 169 thank(s)
Received 82 thank(s)

Watch out for grammar guys. Even though it is not as important in spoken English as in written English, it still counts a lot. So far what you guys have written makes almost no sense because of the bizillions of grammar mistakes you've made. English classes at school do help with grammar, take them seriously.

Build your vocabulary. I don't know, lyrics, news, articles, stories and so on. Reading helps. You guys have no clue how much I've gained just from reading Harry Potter in English.

And also listening to songs and radio stations or TV channels in English helps with your pronounciation, believe it or not.

Good luck!

Old 02-03-2005, 15:37  
kawaii_sb

To chipchip_gacon: Heaven, i dunno wat u've learned from ur English teacher, but ur post is terribly bad. Make ur sentence fully structured, at least with noun and verb, comma and stop, and capitalize the 1st letter of each sentence, plz.

Reading is seriously important, guys. Well, without counting my serveral chapters per week and researches for assig, i read newspapers and same as Răng, Harry Potter. It helps alot with ur reading skills, vocabulary and updating urself. But i usually read between the lines, not just bcos im lazy .

Watching movies and tv shows r really interesting. Relax, learn for ur pronounciation and get to know how to start daily life conversations. My fav things.

Gosh, just 3weeks, and i cant even spell and type properly.

To Răng: Wat with ur ava, bạn hiền? U and I, nice. But make me curious of the below lit pic . Having fun there?

Old 03-03-2005, 18:16  

Phá sản!

Rite, as u guys said, every single thing like grammar, reading, speaking....are all important!!!Well, its not wrong at all, but u should know which one you should take longer than the other, cos it depends on urself, everybody has his/her own skills, and no1 knows u better than urself... About myself, i think i need to do sum more works about vocab , cos my spelling now is Shit, it really is...hixxxxx...In the past, i did not care about this kind of thing, and now, i'm repenting

I've just been here 4 about 6 months, and I see clearly how my E skills were improved, its not too much, but its better than last time, when i was studying in Kl skul...I'm not saying that the teachers in our skul are bad, i mean...just becos i'm studying in another country, another skul, especially, Eng spoken country, without any Vnm, so i must speak E, write E, read E, listen E all the fu**in time, otherwise , ppl will not underst me, and niether do i

So, the best thing u can do to improve ur E, i think is studying anf using E as much as u can, and i bet u will not even recognise urself after few months.... :">

Old 03-03-2005, 19:14  

God Member

Awarded 36 time(s)
Sent 169 thank(s)
Received 82 thank(s)

The funny thing about learning a language is that you don't notice your improvement day by day. But you do improve. Learn English, learn it hard. As you look back months from now, you will be surprised at how you are able to understand stuff that you can't at this moment.

I used to listen to songs not understanding what they're singing. I used to watch Friends or Sex and the City (they're on cable TV, you know) having no freaking clue what they were talking about (!). A few months later, I could tell most of the song words just by listening to it. Already when I came here, I found out that I could understand TV shows quite well.

My English teacher from Apollo center and my Spanish teacher as I took a Spanish course last year basically said the same thing.

Having said that, I don't mean improvement will come naturally to you. It needs some effort, some hardworking, a lot of practice, and luck and intelligence would help too.

It's always interesting to listen to songs that I seem to have forgotten for months! Often I find something I couldn't catch the last time I listened to it. Same thing when you watch movies more than once.

Done "spamming" !

PS: kw, I'm sure you're smart enough to know what's going on .

Old 03-03-2005, 20:12  
kawaii_sb

Sex and The City ~ The show has finished here, Răng (and not in tv cable). But I missed the ending, pity. Have u seen the last piece?
Btw, is that wat is really going on ? Uhmmm, interesting, bạn hiền. I'd like to know more. Rock on .

Old 03-03-2005, 20:32  

Phá sản!

Quote:
My English teacher from Apollo center and my Spanish teacher as I took a Spanish course last year basically said the same thing.

He, i used to study in Apollo centre, 4 about 1year...i think, wat a pity that i've not seen you at that time

Hix, actually, i've never seen SNC (Sex n the city) !!! .I've heard about it many times, and i'm dying to watch this film !Even i can walk to the CD-shop, and find it easily, but... i'm too lazy

Old 04-03-2005, 13:58  

God Member

Awarded 36 time(s)
Sent 169 thank(s)
Received 82 thank(s)

I never really saw the whole season of Sex and the City (but I believe red_eye has hehe, just that he doesn't log on to Klnet anymore >:p). Anyways, yeah, all I saw was just random episodes that I caught on TV. So no clue how it began or ended :">.

I think I studied at Apollo center for 5 months - the last 5 months of the 10th grade ("sophomore year" - the American way hehe).... Quite a chance to actually practice my English with a native speaker. My teacher, Mr Dahn was from New Zealand I think. Frankly I don't remember his accent anymore. It'd probably sound really weird to me now since I'm so used to the American accent.

I remember having a teacher from the US, and another one from Australia for like 5 classes each and I could never tell the difference in the way they spoke English. I was prolly too happy that I could actually understand them to notice anything else hehe. I was soooooooo happy when I watched the Harry Potter movies and could tell that they were speaking a very "weird" English. My friends told me it was British English :p. That was almost the first time I notice the difference.

>> kw: Hmmm I guess we could say someone has a gf now hehe !

Old 07-05-2005, 20:25  

Phá sản!

KL$: 130
Awarded 1 time(s)
Class: A2 (2004-2007)

Most forein teachers of Apollo re from Aust or New Zealand so they speak english like the VNese in Nghe An speak VNese ^^
u should better find some ò their class have American or UK teacher

Old 07-05-2005, 22:15  

Welcome to KLnet

KL$: 195
Awarded 38 time(s)
Sent 79 thank(s)
Received 171 thank(s)
School: Kim Lien Hs
Class: A (1990-1993)

u should come to UK or Ame to learn English

Tạp chí Thời trang và Phong cách sống dành cho giới trẻ:

[Runway] Devilicious Mag - www.songtremag.com
[Realway] Sống Trẻ Mag is going "Say Hi!" at September 2009
Warm welcome to www.facebook.com/songtre

Old 07-05-2005, 23:23  

Phá sản!

Awarded 1 time(s)

god!ì u want to have a bad grammar skill,just go there to learn Eng

Old 09-05-2005, 20:17  

Phá sản!

grammar is not the most important thing anyway... After all, I think learning English is just about getting the "sense" (really dunno how to describe it ) --- like when my teacher asks me why I use this word but not the others, the only answer I can give him is "it sounds better" ~~
Aw, i'm not sure about this but .. am I off the topic??? :-s

P/S: heh for some reason i've seen both Friends and SnC from its beginning 'til the end \/ :">

Old 09-05-2005, 23:18  

Phá sản!

Awarded 1 time(s)

nah!grammar is the most important factor when u speak eng in my point ,the 2nd is words,u cant skeak Eng right when u have a bad grammar,and i think learning grammar in VN is better than in an English-speaking country

Old 10-05-2005, 13:13  

Welcome to KLnet

KL$: 195
Awarded 38 time(s)
Sent 79 thank(s)
Received 171 thank(s)
School: Kim Lien Hs
Class: A (1990-1993)

Quote:
Originally posted by SirCold@07-05-2005 @ 23:23
god!ì u want to have a bad grammar skill,just go there to learn Eng
So ... u should go to UK or Ame and try a gram class there

Tạp chí Thời trang và Phong cách sống dành cho giới trẻ:

[Runway] Devilicious Mag - www.songtremag.com
[Realway] Sống Trẻ Mag is going "Say Hi!" at September 2009
Warm welcome to www.facebook.com/songtre

Old 10-05-2005, 19:13  

Phá sản!

Awarded 1 time(s)

...i will ^^

Old 04-06-2005, 14:10  

KL$: 20
Awarded 13 time(s)
Sent 49 thank(s)
Received 52 thank(s)

Masterin gram is still sooooooooo important. Cuz it's the foudation, anyway.
Well, 'n' 2 talk abt "learning E in Vietnam", I think teens now r goin the rite way. They r carin much more abt speakin and listenin skills besides studyin gram painstakingly at schul .
Anyway, u just can't reach the highest E level till u study abroad.(4 sure ).

KLNetBB - Member of Kimlien Network
Copyright © 2002-2009 by dcuongtran
Skin designed by Kusanagi - Banner designed by FunkyJan